- Date: Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Time: 12:00 p.m.
Date & Time
The parade will start at West Georgia and Broughton (at 12:00 pm), travel east along West Georgia, turn south on Howe and finish at Howe and Davie.
- 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Located at the Vancouver Art Gallery
Come out and join in on the family fun pre-parade festivities!
Looking for the BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE? Branded VIP bleacher sections are being sold to businesses and the community. These are great gifts for staff, families, clients and shareholders as well as a fantastic alternative to holiday parties! These hosted seats include snacks and beverages! For more information, email us.
Breakfast with Santa
Breakfast with Santa at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
(9:00am – 10:30am)
Join us for a delicious breakfast buffet and exclusive meet & greet with Santa before the TELUS presents the Vancouver Santa Claus Parade! Filled with wonder and excitement, children will have an opportunity to sit with Santa and confide their Christmas wish list before he presides over the festive parade at noon. The buffet will include a chef attended pancake station.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 West Georgia Street
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
9:00am – 10:30am
$35 per adult, $15 per child
Full pre-payment at time of booking, inclusive of taxes & gratuity
TELUS Photos with Santa
TELUS Photos with Santa at TELUS Garden
(2:00pm – 4:00pm)
Join us for Free photos with Santa after the parade!
Where: TELUS Garden
510 W Georgia St,
Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3
Best Places to Watch:
With a long parade route, there will be great viewing along the entire route.
What to Wear
- Go for classic west coast style (fleece, waterproof jackets and comfortable waterproof footwear).
- Dress in layers to keep warm.
- Remember that umbrellas will block the view, so please leave them at home.
Secure your spot on Santa’s nice list! Follow these Vancouver Santa Claus Parade protocols.
- Respect parade officials. Your safety and that of your family is paramount. Obey all instructions to avoid Santa’s naughty list!
- S marks the spot – someone else’s that is! Never move or occupy an empty chair. This curbside spot has been reserved.
- Wear your rain gear. Umbrellas block the view.
- Be nice. Please allow those in wheelchairs front row, curb side viewing of the parade. Also, allow families with children to sit in front. We short people appreciate it too!
- Say “excuse me” or “I’m sorry” if you bump or step on someone in the crowd.
- Don’t smoke.
Lost & Found
For lost items, contact the Parade office 604.646.3591 after the parade.
On Sunday, December 3rd, 2017, this year’s Vancouver Santa Claus Parade will once again feature marching bands, dance troupes, festive floats and community groups, which entertain over 300,000 spectators. Unfortunately, it also creates some inconveniences for businesses, residents and other facilities along the route. The purpose of this letter is to provide some details of the parade. Below is a brief schedule of parade related activities:
PARKING RESTRICTIONS & ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
Set-up and Marshalling area: – see streets listed below
Parking restrictions in effect 6:00am to 4:00 pm
Road Closure 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
(Except Broughton, from Robson to Alberni Road Closure is 7:00 to 3:00 pm)
- South side West Georgia between Cardero and Broughton,
- Both sides Alberni between Cardero and Jervis
- Both sides Nicola between West Georgia and Robson
- Both sides Broughton between West Georgia and Robson
- West Georgia will remain open as long as possible prior to the parade but road closures will be in effect on above sections of Alberni, Nicola and Broughton.
Parade Route: – see streets listed below
Parking restrictions in effect 8:00am to 4:00pm
Road Closure in effect 11:00 am to 4:00pm
- West Georgia from Cardero to Seymour
- Howe from Dunsmuir to Davie
Dispersal Area: – see streets listed below
Parking restrictions in effect 7:00am to 4:00pm
Road Closure 10:00am to 4:30 pm
- Both sides Hornby, between Davie and Pacific
- Both sides Drake, between Howe and Burrard,
- East side Burrard from Pacific to Davie
- The above sections of Hornby, Drake and Burrard
Vancouver Santa Claus Parade – Event Schedule
Breakfast with Santa at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver 9:00am -10:30am
The Parade – 12:00pm
Christmas Square – 10:00AM – 12:00PM
TELUS Photos with Santa at TELUS garden – 2:00pm -4:00pm
In order to ensure the safety of the parade participants and spectators, City work crews will be posting temporary no stopping signs along the parade route and in the marshalling and dispersal areas. Vancouver Police will be on hand to assist with our road closures and any safety related issues. We will make every effort to ensure the roads are re-opened as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions about the parade please call us at 604-646-3591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to minimize the impact of the parade on residents and businesses in the area, and encourage everyone to come out and enjoy the fun on Sunday, December 3rd. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
TELUS presents the Santa Claus Parade
Dec. 17th: 1pm to 2pm – Airs simultaneously on Global BC and BC1
Dec. 25th: 8am to 9am – Airs simultaneously on Global BC and BC
Dec. 26th: 6am to 7am – Airs simultaneously on Global BC and BC1
Multiple airdates from Dec. 24th onwards on BC1